- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Cat, Dog, Ferret, Goat, Hamster, Horse, Human, Marmoset, Mouse, Pig, Rat, Sheep
- IMMUNOGEN: A cytoskeletal preparation from A431 cells was used as the immunogen for the Keratin 18 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western blot: 1-2 ug/ml
Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the Keratin 18 antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with Chicken, Xenopus
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KRT18
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 18, Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein, Cytokeratin-18, CK-18, Keratin-18, K18, KRT18, CYK18
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3875
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This mAb reacts with a wide variety of simple epithelia. It does not react with stratified squamous epithelia. It reacts with epithelial tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, breast, pancreas, ovary, and thyroid. Cytokeratin 18, which belongs to the type A (acidic) subfamily of low molecular weight keratins, exists in combination with cytokeratin 8. It was reported that tissues from gastrointestinal tract are positive for both cytokeratin 8 and 18 but do not contain cytokeratin 14. Tissues from gastrointestinal tract, respiratory tract and urogenital tract, as well as endocrine and exocrine tissues and mesothelial cells are positive for cytokeratin 18.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-433
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.