- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: KCNK13 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human KCNK13.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 150 - 200 of KCNK13.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: KCNK13 antibody can be used for detection of KCNK13 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: KCNK13 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other KCNK protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: KCNK13 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: KCNK13 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: KCNK13 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KCNK13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KCNK13 Antibody: THIK1, THIK-1, K2p13.1, Potassium channel subfamily K member 13, Tandem pore domain halothane-inhibited potassium channel 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_071337
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 16306555
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56659
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- KCNK13 Antibody: The closely related proteins KCNK13 and KCNK12 (also known as THIK1 and 2) are the first two members of a novel two pore-forming P domains K+ channels subfamily. The pore loop domain, a highly conserved region common to all potassium channels, is involved in determining potassium ion selectivity. Members of this family are all characterized by four transmembrane domains and may function to help influence the resting membrane potential of cells. KCNK13 is expressed mainly in the brain, but is also observed in kidneys. KCNK13 has been suggested to be a candidate for the Cs+-permeable K+ channel activated by GABA(B) receptors.
- 1: Rajan S, Wischmeyer E, Karschin C, et al. THIK-1 and THIK-2, a novel subfamily of tandem pore domain K+ channels. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:7302-11.
- 2: Jezzini SH and Moroz LL. Identification and distribution of a twopore domain potassium channel in the CNS of Aplysia californica. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2004; 127:27-38.
- 3: Theilig F, Goranova I, Hirsch JR, et al. Cellular localization of THIK-1 (K(2P)13.1) and THIK-2 (K(2P)12.1) K channels in the mammalian kidney. Cell Physiol. Biochem. 2008; 21:63-74
- 4: Ishii H, Nakajo K, Yanagawa Y, et al. Identification and characterization of Cs(+)-permeable K(+) channel current in mouse cerebellar Purkinje cells in lobules 9 and 10 evoked by molecular layer stimulation. Eur. J. Neurosci. 2010; 32:736-48
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6423
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin