- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: KappaB ras1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human KappaB ras1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of KappaB ras1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: KappaB ras1 antibody can be used for detection of KappaB ras1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1283 - RAW 264.7 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-203 - RAW 264.7 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: KappaB ras1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: KappaB ras1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: KappaB ras1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NKIRAS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KappaB ras1 Antibody: KBRAS1, kappaB-Ras1, KBRAS1, NF-kappa-B inhibitor-interacting Ras-like protein 1, I-kappa-B-interacting Ras-like protein 1, Kappa B-Ras protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: AAF34998
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7008402
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 28512
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- KappaB ras1 Antibody: KappaB ras-1 (κB-ras-1) and kappaB-ras-2 are two small proteins that similar to Ras-like small GTPases that associate with IκB (IκB), an inhibitor of the transcription factor NF-κB. IκB exists in two homologous forms, IκB-alpha and IκB-beta, although IκB-beta contains a unique 47-amino acid region within its ankyrin domain. While inactive IκB-alpha-NF-κB complexes can shuttle in and out of the nucleus, IκB-beta-NF-κB complexes are retained exclusively in the cytoplasm. It is suggested that kappaB-ras proteins preferentially bind to the IκB-beta form through this unique insert within the ankyrin region, thus modulating the cellular location of IκB-beta and regulating the rate of degradation of IκB-beta. This antibody is specific for kappaB-ras1 and has no cross-reactivity to kappaB-ras2.
- 1: Fenwick C, Na SY, Voll RE, et al. A subclass of Ras proteins that regulate the degradation of IkappaB. Science 2000; 287:869-73.
- 2: Chen Y, Wu J and Ghosh G. KappaB-Ras binds to the unique insert within the ankyrin repeat domain if IkappaBbeta and regulates cytoplasmic retention of IkappaBbeta x NF-kappaB complexes. J. Biol. Chem.2003; 278:23101-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2493
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.