- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: KAI1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human KAI1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of KAI1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: KAI1 antibody can be used for detection of KAI1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1320 - Human Colon Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: KAI1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: KAI1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: KAI1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD82
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KAI1 Antibody: R2, 4F9, C33, IA4, ST6, GR15, KAI1, SAR2, TSPAN27, CD82 antigen, C33 antigen, Tspan-27
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002222
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504813
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3732
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- KAI1 Antibody: KAI1 was initially identified from a T-cell activation study as a four-transmembrane protein that plays an accessory role in T-cell activation, and was later determined to act as a cancer metastasis suppressor gene. This protein is ubiquitously expressed at moderate to high levels in most tissues, but its expression is downregulated during tumor progression. The loss of KAI1 and p53 is associated with poor survival for prostate and other cancer patients. Recently, KAI1 was found to interact with DARC, the Duffy antigen for chemokines using a yeast two hybrid screen. It is thought that tumor cells dislodged from the primary tumor and expressing KAI1 interact with DARC proteins expressed on vascular cells, transmitting a senescent signal to the tumor cells, while tumor cells that have lost KAI1 expression can proliferate and potentially give rise to metastases. At least two isoforms of KAI1 are known to exist.
- 1: HW Gaugitsch, Hofer E, Huber NE, et al. A new superfamily of lymphoid and melanoma cell proteins with extensive homology to Schistosoma mansoni antigen SM23. Eur. J. Immunol.1991; 21:377-83.
- 2: Gil ML, Vita N, Lebel-Binay S, et al. A member of the tetra spans transmembrane protein superfamily is recognized by a monoclonal antibody raised against an HLA class I-deficient, lymphokine-activated killer-susceptible, B lymphocyte line. Cloning and functional studies. J. Immunol.1992; 2826-33.
- 3: Dong JT, Lamb PW, Rinker-Schaeffer CW, et al. KAI1, a metastasis suppressor gene for prostate cancer on human chromosome 11p11.2. Science1995; 884-86.
- 4: Kauffman EC, Robinson VL, Stadler WM, et al. Metastasis suppression: the evolving role of metastasis suppressor genes for regulating cancer cell growth at the secondary site. J. Urol.2003; 169:1122-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4073
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin