- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (100%), Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: JMJD6 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human JMJD6.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 70 - 120 of JMJD6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: JMJD6 antibody can be used for detection of JMJD6 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: JMJD6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: JMJD6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: JMJD6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: JMJD6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: JMJD6 Antibody: PSR, PTDSR, PTDSR1, KIAA0585, Bifunctional arginine demethylase and lysyl-hydroxylase JMJD6, Histone arginine demethylase JMJD6, Protein PTDSR
- Protein Accession Number: Q6NYC1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 67461014
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23210
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- JMJD6 Antibody: The jumonji domain-containing protein (JMJD) family is defined by the presence of the JmjC domain that is observed in several diverse species. JMJD6 was initially identified as a membrane protein that participates in phagocytosis but recent studies have shown that it has other functions when it is expressed in the cytosol and nucleus. JMJD6 is thought to play important roles in regulation of development and differentiation as knockdown experiments in mice resulted in neonatal lethality with severe defects in the morphology of numerous organs. JMJD6 also can catalyze the lysyl-hydroxylation of U2AF65, a protein involved with RNA splicing, suggesting that some of the functions attributed to JMJD6 may be due to its regulatory activity of RNA splicing.
- 1: Takeuchi T, Watanabe Y, Takano-Shimizu T, et al. Roles of jumonji and jumonji family genes in chromatin regulation and development. Dev. Dyn.2006; 235:2449-59.
- 2: Fadok VA, Bratton DL, Rose DM, et al. A receptor for phosphatidylserine-specific clearance of apoptotic cells. Nature2000; 405:85-90.
- 3: Zakharova L, Dadsetan S, and Fomina AF. Endogenous JMJD6 gene product is expressed at the cell surface and regulates phagocytosis in immature monocyte-like activated THP-1 cells. J. Cell. Phys.2009; 221:84-91.
- 4: Bose J, Gruber AD, Helming L, et al. The phosphatidylserine receptor has essential functions during embryogenesis but not in apoptotic cell removal. J. Biol.2004; 3:15.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5383
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin