- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal JAKMIP1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human JAKMIP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 260 - 310 of JAKMIP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: JAKMIP1 antibody can be used for detection of JAKMIP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of JAKMIP1 are known to exist. JAKMIP1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with JAKMIP2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 69 kDa
- PURIFICATION: JAKMIP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: JAKMIP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: JAKMIP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: JAKMIP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: JAKMIP1 Antibody: JAMIP1, MARLIN1, Gababrbp, GABABRBP, JAMIP1, Janus kinase and microtubule-interacting protein 1, GABA-B receptor-binding protein, Marlin-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_653321
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21389505
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 152789
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- JAKMIP1 Antibody: JAKMIP1, also known as Marlin-1, is a highly-conserved vertebrate-specific microtubule-associated protein that plays a role in JAK1 signaling and regulate microtubule cytoskeleton rearrangements. JAKMIP1 is expressed predominantly in neuronal and lymphoid cells and colocalizes with microtubules. Multiple isoforms of JAKMIP1 are known to exist: isoforms 1 and 5 are also expressed in liver, lung and skeletal muscle, while isoforms 2-4 are specifically expressed in brain and retina. JAKMIP1 participates in polarized secretion in lymphocytes and it has been suggested to be a novel effector memory gene restraining T cell-mediated cytotoxicity. Dysregulation of JAKMIP1 gene expression is associated with genetic conditions linked to autism in humans.
- 1: Costa V, Conte I, Ziviello C, et al. Identification and expression analysis of novel Jakmip1 transcripts. Gene 2007; 402:1-8.
- 2: Vidal RL, Fuentes P, Valenzuela JI, et al. RNA interference of Marlin-1/Jakmip1 results in abnormal morphogenesis and migration of cortical pyramidal neurons. Mol. Cell Neurosci. 2012; epub.
- 3: Libri V, Schulte D, Van Stijn A et al. Jakmip1 is expressed upon T cell differentiation and has an inhibitory function in cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J. Immunol. 2008; 181:5847-56
- 4: Bill BR, Geschwind DH. Genetic advances in autism: heterogeneity and convergence on shared pathways. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2009; 19:271-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7165
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin