- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: JAGN1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human JAGN1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of JAGN1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: JAGN1 antibody can be used for detection of JAGN1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: JAGN1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least four isoforms of JAGN1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all but isoform 2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1411 - Mouse Colon Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 20 kDa
Observed: 25 kDa
- PURIFICATION: JAGN1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: JAGN1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: JAGN1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: JAGN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Jagunal homolog 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_115881
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 190014601
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84522
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- JAGN1 is the human ortholog of a gene originally identified in Drosophila melanogaster. It is a transmembrane protein that functions in the early secretory pathway and is necessary for neutrophil differentiation and survival. Individuals with mutations in the JAGN1 gene causes aberrant myeloid cell homeostasis and severe congenital neutropenia (SCN) (1). JAGN1-mutant granulocytes are characterized by ultrastructural defects, aberrant N-glycosylation of multiple proteins, and increased apoptosis (1). Mice lacking this gene could not mount and efficient neutrophil-dependent immune response to a human fungal pathogen (2).
- 1: Boztug K, Jarvinen PM, Salzer E, et al. JAGN1 deficiency causes aberrant myeloid cell homeostasis and congenital neutropenia. Nat. Genet. 2014; 46:1021-7.
- 2: Wirnsberger G, Zwolanek F, Stadlmann J, et al. Jagunal homolog 1 is a critical regulator of neutrophil function in fungal host defense. Nat. Genet. 2014; 46:1028-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8367
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin