- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: JAG1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human JAG1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of JAG1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: JAG1 antibody can be used for detection of JAG1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: JAG1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of JAG1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 134 kDa
Observed: 130 kDa
- PURIFICATION: JAG1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: JAG1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: JAG1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: JAG1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Jagged 1, AGS, AHD, AWS, CD339, HJ1, JAGL1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000205
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557679
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 182
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The LIN-12/Notch family of transmembrane receptors plays a central role in development by regulating cell fate decisions (1). Ligands for Notch include JAG1, JAG2 and Delta. JAG1 is one of the DSL (Delta, Serrate, Lag2) transmembrane proteins that can activate Notch. It is involved in mammalian cardiovascular development and in cell-fate decisions during hematopoiesis (1,2). JAG1 is widely expressed in adult and fetal tissues and the mutation of the JAG1 gene is associated with Familial Tetrology of Fallot (3). JAG1 expression is associated with prostate cancer metastasis and is up-regulated in cervical squamous cell carcinoma (4,5).
- 1: Lai EC. Notch signaling: control of cell communication and cell fate. Development 2004; 131:965-73.
- 2: Milner LA, Kopan R, Martin DI, et al. A human homologue of the Drosophila developmental gene, Notch, is expressed in CD34+ hematopoietic precursors. Blood1994; 83:2057-62.
- 3: Guida V, Chiappe F, Ferese R, et al. Novel and recurrent JAG1 mutations in patients with tetralogy of Fallot. Clin. Genet. 2011; 80:591-4.
- 4: Santagata S, Demichelis F, Riva A, et al. JAGGED1 expression is associated with prostate cancer metastasis and recurrence. Cancer Res. 2004; 64:6854-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8059
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin