- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human TRAIL (aa 95-281) is fused at the N-terminus to an isoleucine zipper motif.
- FUSION TAG: isoleucine zipper motif Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Induces apoptosis in vitro in different human cancer cell lines with an EC50 of 5-200ng/ml, depending on the individual cell line used. Recombinant izTRAIL does not kill 4-day cultures of primary human hepatocytes (PHH) at concentrations of at least up to 1ug/ml (Ganten 2006). Good bioavailability in vivo, shows no toxic effects in mice at doses of at least up to 500ug per day (Wissink 2006).
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.01EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Contains 20mM TRIS-Cl, 0.5M arginine-HCl, 100mM NaCl, 0.02% Tween 20. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF10
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Apo-2L, TNFSF10, CD253
- Protein Accession Number: P50591
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507593
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8743
- izTRAIL is a newly available, highly active recombinant form of soluble human TRAIL. Due to a trimerizing N-terminal isoleucine zipper (iz) motif the intrinsic trimerization of TRAIL, required for apoptosis-inducing activity of TRAIL, is enhanced when compared to non-tagged soluble human TRAIL (shTRAIL). Therefore, izTRAIL is a potent inducer of apoptosis in many human cancer cells, but not normal human hepatocytes. In addition, the half-life of izTRAIL is about eight-fold higher than the half-life of shTRAIL. These properties render izTRAIL highly suitable for both, in vitro and in vivo use, particularly for studies in which investigators plan to transfer their in vitro results into an in vivo system with human cancer cells in xenotransplant settings examining susceptibility to TRAIL-induced apoptosis.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-257
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin