- SPECIES: Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Asp32-Glu143
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 13.6 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of PBS, pH7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: FNDC5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Fibronectin type III domain-containing protein 5, Fibronectin type III repeat-containing protein 2, Irisin, FNDC5
- Protein Accession Number: Q8NAU1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 929654682
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 252995
- Fibronectin type III domain-containing protein 5, the precursor of irisin, is a protein that is encoded by the FNDC5 gene.Human Irisin is synthesized as a 212 amino acid (aa) precursor encoding a type 1 transmembrane protein with a 121 aa extracellular domain (ECD), a 21 aa transmembrane domain, and a 39 aa cytoplasmic domain. The ECD of Irisin contains a fibronectin type III domain and multiple glycosylation sites. The ECD is proteolytically cleaved to release the 112 aa soluble Irisin hormone into circulation.Mature human, mouse share 100% sequence identity.Irisin induces expression of peroxisome proliferatoractivated receptor gamma coactivator 1 alpha (PGC1 alpha) and uncoupling protein1(UCP1), mitochondrialassociated metabolic proteins. Irisin induces the transition of white adipose tissue into more metabolically active beige adipose tissue.Irisin also regulates neuronal cell differentiation and neurite outgrowth in the brain and is involved in the differentiation of osteoblasts.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-627
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.