- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: IRGM antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human IRGM.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of IRGM.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IRGM antibody can be used for detection of IRGM by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 – SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 20 kDa
Observed: 20 kDa
- PURIFICATION: IRGM Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IRGM Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IRGM antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IRGM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IRGM Antibody: IFI1, IRGM1, LRG47, LRG-47, IFI1, Immunity-related GTPase family M protein, Immunity-related GTPase family M protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: AAI28169
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 118764009
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 345611
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IRGM Antibody: Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components. Two of the strongest hits implicate genes IRGM and ATG16L1, which encode proteins thought to be critical to the autophagy pathway and being significantly associated with Crohn's disease. IRGM induces autophagy and generates large autolysosomal organelles as a mechanism for the elimination of intracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis. In mouse, IRGM belongs to a family of gamma-interferon-induced GTP-binding proteins of approximately 48 kDa that also includes IRGM2 and IRGM3; this antibody may also recognize these proteins.
- 1: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene2004; 23:2891-906.
- 2: Massey DC and Parkes M. Genome-wide association scanning highlights two autophagy genes, ATG16L1 and IRGM, as being significantly associated with Crohn's disease. Autophagy2007; 3:649-51.
- 3: Fisher SA, Tremelling M, Anderson CA, et al. Genetic determinants of ulcerative colitis include the ECM1 locus and five loci implicated in Crohn's disease. Nat. Genet.2008; 40:710-2.
- 4: Singh SB, Davis AS, Taylor GA, et al. Human IRGM induces autophagy to eliminate intracellular mycobacteria. Science2006; 313:1438-41.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4543
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin