- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: IRGC antibody was raised against a 12 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human IRGC.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of IRGC.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IRGC antibody can be used for detection of IRGC by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Two isoforms of IRGC are known to exist; this antibody will recognize both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: IRGC Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IRGC Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IRGC antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IRGC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IRGC Antibody: IFGGE, IRGC1, Iigp5, CINEMA, R30953_1, IIGP5, Interferon-inducible GTPase 5, Immunity-related GTPase cinema 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_062558
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10257429
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56269
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IRGC Antibody: Immunity-related GTPases (IRG) (also known as p47 GTPases) are a family of GTPase proteins found in vertebrates, which play critical roles in mediating innate resistance to intracellular pathogens. IRG genes have been found in a number of mammals and lower species including mice, rats, zebrafish and humans. Most of the mouse genes contain interferon-stimulated response elements which mediate transcriptional activation by IFNs. In humans, only two IRG genes have been found: human IRGC encodes a full-length IRG protein that, like the mouse homologue, is constitutively expressed in testis, while human IRGM encodes a considerably truncated protein that is constitutively expressed in cultured cells including some macrophage cell lines. As the two human genes IRGC and IRGM are not subject to IFN control, it has been suggested that the host resistance mechanism supported by IRG proteins in the mouse is lacking in humans.
- 1: Taylor GA. IRG proteins: key mediators of interferon-regulated host resistance to intracellular pathogens. Cell Microbiol.2007; 9:1099-107.
- 2: Yamada K, Akimoto H, Ogawa Y, et al. Upregulation of immunity-related GTPase (IRG) proteins by TNF-alpha in murine astrocytes. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2009; 382:434-9.
- 3: Singh SB, et al. Human IRGM induces autophagy to eliminate intracellular mycobacteria. Science2006; 313:1438-41.
- 4: Bekpen C, Hunn JP, Rohde C, et al. The interferon-inducible p47 (IRG) GTPases in vertebrates: loss of the cell autonomous resistance mechanism in the human lineage. Genome Biol.2005; 6:R92.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5295
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin