- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: IQSEC2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human IQSEC2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 1380 - 1430 of IQSEC2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IQSEC2 antibody can be used for detection of IQSEC2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: IQSEC2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of IQSEC2 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the larger isoform. IQSEC2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with IQSEC1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 104, 133, 141, 164 kDa
Observed: 140 kDa
- PURIFICATION: IQSEC2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IQSEC2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IQSEC2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IQSEC2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IQ motif and Sec7 domain 2, Brefeldin-resistant Arf-GEF 1 protein, BRAG1, MRX1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001104595
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 162138911
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23096
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ADP ribosylation factors (Arfs) are small GTP-binding proteins known for their role in vesicular transport, where they nucleate the assembly of coat protein complexes at sites of carrier vesicle formation. Similar to the related protein IQSEC1, IQSEC2 is a guanine nucleotide exchange protein for ARF1 and ARF6 that belongs to the BRAG family and contains one IQ domain, one PH domain and one SEC7 domain (1,2). IQSEC2 is a major component of the postsynaptic density (PSD) and colocalizes with PSD-95. It has been suggested to modulate the functions of the ARF proteins (1). Mutations in this gene have been implicated in nonsyndromic X-linked mental retardation (3).
- 1: Murphy JA, Jensen ON, and Walikonis RS. BRAG1, a SEC7 domain-containing protein, is a component of the postsynaptic density of excitatory synapses. Brain Res. 2006; 1120:35-45.
- 2: Someya A, Sata M, Takeda K, et al. ARF-GEP(100), a guanine nucleotide-exchange protein for ADP-ribosy
- 3: Shoubridge C, Tarpey PS, Abidi F, et al. Mutations in the guanine nucleotide exchange factor gene IQSEC2 cause nonsyndromic intellectual ability. Nat. Genet. 2010; 42:486-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8011
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin