- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: IPR1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human IPR1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 470 - 520 of IPR1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Ipr1 antibody can be used for detection of Ipr1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: IPR1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IPR1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IPR1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SP110
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IPR1 Antibody: IPR1, VODI, IFI41, IFI75, Sp110 nuclear body protein, Speckled 110 kDa
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004501
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 190343008
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3431
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IPR1 Antibody: Susceptibility to tuberculosis (TB) in mice has recently been attributed to the IPR1 gene. IPR1 is a member of the SP100/SP140 family of nuclear body proteins and encodes a leukocyte-specific nuclear body component. The protein can function as an activator of gene transcription and may serve as a nuclear hormone receptor coactivator. Alternative splicing has been observed for this gene and three transcript variants, encoding distinct isoforms, have been identified. SP110 is the closest homolog of the IPR1 protein in humans. The IPR1/Sp110 gene product might play a role in integrating signals generated by intracellular pathogens with mechanisms controlling innate immunity, cell death, and pathogenesis. IPR1/Sp110 is up-regulated after infection with M. tuberculosis and required by Anaplasma phagocytophilum for infection of human promyelocytic cells. Defects in Sp110 are a cause of severely impaired resistance to infection by M. tuberculosis.
- 1: Pan H, Yan BS, Rojas M, et al. Ipr1 gene mediates innate immunity to tuberculosis. Nature2005; 434:767-72.
- 2: Bloch DB, Nakajima A, Gulick T, et al. Sp110 localizes to the PML-Sp100 nuclear body and may function as a nuclear hormone receptor transcriptional coactivator. Mol. Cell Biol.2000; 20:6138-46.
- 3: De la Fuente J, Manzano-Roman R, Blouin EF, et al. Sp110 transcription is induced and required by Anaplasma phagocytophilum for infection of human promyelocytic cells. BMC Infect. Dis.2007; 7:110.
- 4: Tosh K. Campbell SJ, Fielding K, et al. Variants in the SP110 gene are associated with genetic susceptibility to tuberculosis in West Africa. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.2006; 103:10364-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4407
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin