- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Asp 26 - His 177
- FUSION TAG: Tag free
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The bio-activity was determined by dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of mouse 2E8 cells. The ED50 < 0. 2 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of >5X106 Unit/mg.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL7, Interleukin-7
- Protein Accession Number: AAH47698
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3574
- Interleukin 7 is also known as IL7, IL-7, and is a hematopoietic growth factor secreted by stromal cells in the red marrow and thymus. It is also produced by keratinocytes, dendritic cells, hepatocytes, neurons, and epithelial cells, but is not produced by lymphocytes. IL-7 stimulates the differentiation of multipotent (pluripotent) hematopoietic stem cells into lymphoid progenitor cells, It also stimulates proliferation of all cells in the lymphoid lineage (B cells, T cells and NK cells). It is important for proliferation during certain stages of B-cell maturation, T and NK cell survival, development and homeostasis. IL-7 is a cytokine important for B and T cell development. This cytokine and the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) form a heterodimer that functions as a pre-pro-B cell growth-stimulating factor. IL-7 binds to the IL-7 receptor, a heterodimer consisting of Interleukin-7 receptor alpha and common gamma chain receptor. Il-7 promotes hematological malignacies (acute lymphoblastic leukemia, T cell lymphoma). Elevated levels of IL-7 have also been detected in the plasma of HIV-infected patients. IL-7 as an immunotherapy agent has been examined in many pre-clinical animal studies and more recently in human clinical trials for various malignancies and during HIV infection. IL-7 could also be beneficial in improving immune recovery after allogenic stem cell transplant.
- 1: Heufler C, et al. 1993, J. Exp. Med. 178 (3): 1109–14.
- 2: Kröncke R, et al. 1996, Eur. J. Immunol. 26 (10): 2541–4.
- 3: Sawa Y, et al. 2009, Immunity 30 (3): 447–57.
- 4: Muegge K, et al. 1993, Science 261 (5117): 93–5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-448
Product Discontinued. Please contact us for alternate product(s).
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin