- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 117 - Ser 269
- FUSION TAG: Tag free
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17.5 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The bio-activity was determined by dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of mouse D10. G4. 1 cells. The ED50 < 2 pg/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of >500,000,000 Unit/mg.
- PURITY: >97% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL1B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL1B, IL-1BETA, IL1F2, IL-1β
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000567
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3553
- Interleukin-1 beta (IL-1β) is also known as catabolin, is a cytokine protein that in humans is encoded by the IL1B gene. IL-1β precursor is cleaved by caspase 1 (interleukin 1 beta convertase). Cytosolic thiol protease cleaves the product to form mature IL-1 beta.IL1β are structurally related polypeptides that share approximately 21% amino acid (aa) identity in human. Both proteins are produced by a wide variety of cells in response to inflammatory agents, infections, or microbial endotoxins. While IL1α and IL1β are regulated independently, they bind to the same receptor and exert identical biological effects. IL-1β is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family. This cytokine is produced by activated macrophages as a proprotein, which is proteolytically processed to its active form by caspase 1 (CASP1/ICE). This cytokine is an important mediator of the inflammatory response, and is involved in a variety of cellular activities, including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis. The induction of cyclooxygenase-2 (PTGS2/COX2) by this cytokine in the central nervous system (CNS) is found to contribute to inflammatory pain hypersensitivity. This gene and eight other interleukin 1 family genes form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 2.
- 1: Auron PE, Webb AC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81 (24).
- 2: March CJ, Mosley B, Larsen A. Nature 315 (6021): 641–7.
- 3: Clark BD, Collins KL, Gandy MS, Webb AC, Auron PE. Nucleic Acids Res 14 (20): 7897–1914.
- 4: Martinon, F. and J. Tschopp, 2007, Cell Death Differ. 14:10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-461
- Size: 0.02 mg
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin