- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gly2-Gly157
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 18.2 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 50mM HEPES, 100mM NaCl, pH 8.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ISG15
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ubiquitin-Like Protein ISG15, Interferon-Induced 15 kDa Protein, Interferon-Induced 17 kDa Protein, IP17, Ubiquitin Cross-Reactive Protein, hUCRP, ISG15, G1P2, UCRP
- Protein Accession Number: P05161
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 189065303
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9636
- Ubiquitin-Like Protein ISG15 (ISG15) is a ubiquitin-like protein that becomes conjugated to many cellular proteins upon activation by interferon-alpha and -beta. Several functions have been ascribed to the encoded protein, including chemotactic activity towards neutrophils, direction of ligated target proteins to intermediate filaments, cell-to-cell signaling, and antiviral activity during viral infections. While conjugates of this protein have been found to be noncovalently attached to intermediate filaments, this protein is sometimes secreted. ISG15 becomes conjugated to a diverse set of proteins after IFN-alpha/beta stimulation or microbial challenge. The functions or biochemical consequences ISG15 conjugation to proteins are not yet known, but it appears that this modification does not target proteins for proteasomal degradation. ISG15 shows specific chemotactic activity towards neutrophils and activates them to induce release of eosinophil chemotactic factors. Upon interferon treatment, ISG15 can be detected in both free and conjugated forms, and is secreted from monocytes and lymphocytes where it can function as a cytokine. In the cell, ISG15 co-localizes with intermediate filaments and ISGylation may modulate the JAK-STAT pathway or certain aspects of neurological disease.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-169
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.