- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa 131 - 275
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: N-terminal His-tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 50mM Tris pH7.5, 150mM NaCl, 5 mM MgCl2
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ITGA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Integrin alpha 4 Antibody: IA4, CD49D, Integrin alpha-4, CD49 antigen-like family member D
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000876
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 67191027
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3676
- The integrin alpha 4 (also known as CD49d and ITGA4) belongs to the integrin alpha chain family of proteins. Integrins are heterodimeric integral membrane proteins composed of an alpha and beta chains (reviewed in 1). Alpha 4 (4) chain associates with either beta 1 (1) or beta 77) chain. It has been demonstrated that the putative ligand-binding sites of both integrin 41 and 47 is located on the 4 chain. These ligands included Madcam, VCAM, and fibronectin (2-4). Madcam is known as the principal ligand for integrin a4b7. Recently it was also demonstrated that HIV-1 envelope can mimic Madcam by binding to and signaling though integrin 47, the gut mucosal homing receptor for peripheral T cells (5). This recombinant protein fragment includes the ligand and monoclonal antibody binding domains; this binding has been tested and verified in ELISA assays. This recombinant protein is recognized PSI antibodies Integrin 4 (IN1) (PSI 4827) and Integrin 4 (IN2) (PSI 4837), but not Integrin 4 (CT) (PSI 4783).
- 1: Wegener KL and Campbell ID. Transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains in integrin activation and protein-protein interactions. Mol. Membr. Biol. 2008; 25:376-87.
- 2: Kamata T, Puzon W, and Takada Y. Identification of putative ligand-binding sites of the integrin alpha 4 beta 1 (VLA-4, CD49d/CD29). Biochem J. 1995; 305:945-51.
- 3: Berlin C, Berg EL, Briskin MJ, et al. Alpha 4 beta 7 integrin mediates lymphocyte binding to the mucosal vascular addressin MAdCAM-1. Cell 1993; 74:185-95.
- 4: Pulido R, Elices MJ, Campanero MR, et al. Functional evidence for three distinct and independently inhibitable adhesion activities mediated by the human integrin VLA-4. Correlation with distinct alpha 4 epitopes. J. Biol. Chem. 1991; 266:10241-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-110
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $255.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin