- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Integrin alpha 4 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human Integrin alpha 4.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Integrin alpha 4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Integrin alpha 4 antibody can be used for the detection of Integrin alpha 4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Despite its predicted molecular weight, Integrin alpha4 will often run at higher molecular weight in SDS-PAGE.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms are known to exist. The immunogen to this antibody is outside of the Integrin alpha4 recombinant protein fragment and thus will not recognize it.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Integrin alpha 4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Integrin alpha 4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Integrin alpha 4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ITGA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Integrin alpha 4 Antibody: IA4, CD49D, Integrin alpha-4, CD49 antigen-like family member D
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000876
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 67191027
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3676
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Integrin alpha 4 Antibody: The integrin alpha 4 (also known as CD49d and ITGA4) belongs to the integrin alpha chain family of proteins. Integrins are heterodimeric integral membrane proteins composed of an alpha and beta chains. Alpha4 chain associates with either beta1 or beta7 chain. It has been demonstrated that the putative ligand-binding sites of both integrin alpha4beta1 and alpha4beta7 is located on the alpha4 chain. These ligands included Madcam, VCAM, and fibronectin. Madcam is known as the principal ligand for integrin alpha4beta7. Recently it was also demonstrated that HIV-1 envelope can mimic Madcam by binding to and signaling though integrin alpha4beta7, the gut mucosal homing receptor for peripheral T cells.
- 1: Wegener KL and Campbell ID. Transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains in integrin activation and protein-protein interactions. Mol. Membr. Biol.2008; 25:376-87.
- 2: Kamata T, Puzon W, and Takada Y. Identification of putative ligand-binding sites of the integrin alpha 4 beta 1 (VLA-4, CD49d/CD29). Biochem J.1995; 305:945-51.
- 3: Berlin C, Berg EL, Briskin MJ, et al. Alpha 4 beta 7 integrin mediates lymphocyte binding to the mucosal vascular addressin MAdCAM-1. Cell1993; 74:185-95.
- 4: Pulido R, Elices MJ, Campanero MR, et al. Functional evidence for three distinct and independently inhibitable adhesion activities mediated by the human integrin VLA-4. Correlation with distinct alpha 4 epitopes. J. Biol. Chem.1991; 266:10241-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4783
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin