- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: His 28 - Lys 944
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 106.5 kDa. The protein migrates as 115-125 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 106.5 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: INSR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: INSR,Insulin receptor,IR,CD220
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000199.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3643
- Insulin receptor (INSR) is also known as CD antigen CD220, which can be cleaved into the following 2 chains: Insulin receptor subunit alpha and Insulin receptor subunit beta. INSR is a tetramer of 2 alpha and 2 beta chains linked by disulfide bonds. The alpha chains carry the insulin-binding regions, while the beta chains carry the kinase domain. Forms a hybrid receptor with IGF1R, the hybrid is a tetramer consisting of 1 alpha chain and 1 beta chain of INSR and 1 alpha chain and 1 beta chain of IGF1R. In addition to binding insulin, the insulin receptor can bind insulin-like growth factors (IGFI and IGFII). Isoform Short of INSR has a higher affinity for IGFII binding. When present in a hybrid receptor with IGF1R, INSR binds IGF1.
- 1: Pandini G., et al., 2002, J. Biol. Chem. 277:39684-39695.
- 2: Slaaby R., et al., 2006, J. Biol. Chem. 281:25869-25874.
- 3: Menting J.G., et al., 2013, Nature 493:241-245.
- 4: Kadowaki T., et al., 1988, Science 240:787-790.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-371
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.