- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Human, Pig, Rabbit, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Full length (amino acids 1-84) purified pig insulin was used as the immunogen for this anti-Insulin antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the anti-Insulin antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: INS
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: INS, IRDN, IDDM2, Preproinsulin, ILPR, Insulin, MODY10, Proinsulin
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3630
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a polypeptide which is identified as Insulin, a 51-amino acid polypeptide composed of A and B chains connected through the C-peptide. Proinsulin, which has very little biological activity, is cleaved by proteases within its cell of origin into the insulin molecule and the C-terminal basic residue. Insulin enhances membrane transport of glucose, amino acids, and certain ions. It also promotes glycogen storage, formation of triglycerides, and synthesis of proteins and nucleic acids. Deficiency of insulin results in diabetes mellitus. The main storage site for insulin is the pancreatic islets. Antibodies to insulin are important as beta-cell and insulinoma marker.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-122
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.