- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This INHBA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 85-112 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human INHBA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For IF starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 47 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: INHBA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Inhibin beta A chain, Activin beta-A chain, Erythroid differentiation protein, EDF, INHBA
- Protein Accession Number: P08476
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124279
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3624
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The inhibin beta A subunit joins the alpha subunit to forma pituitary FSH secretion inhibitor. Inhibin has been shown toregulate gonadal stromal cell proliferation negatively and to havetumor-suppressor activity. In addition, serum levels of inhibinhave been shown to reflect the size of granulosa-cell tumors andcan therefore be used as a marker for primary as well as recurrentdisease. Because expression in gonadal and various extragonadaltissues may vary severalfold in a tissue-specific fashion, it isproposed that inhibin may be both a growth/differentiation factorand a hormone. Furthermore, the beta A subunit forms a homodimer,activin A, and also joins with a beta B subunit to form aheterodimer, activin AB, both of which stimulate FSH secretion.Finally, it has been shown that the beta A subunit mRNA isidentical to the erythroid differentiation factor subunit mRNA andthat only one gene for this mRNA exists in the human genome.
- 1: Canzian, F., et al. Hum. Mol. Genet. 19(19):3873-3884(2010)
- 2: Shi, F.T., et al. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 95 (10), E172-E180 (2010) :
- 3: Lascorz, J., et al. Carcinogenesis 31(9):1612-1619(2010)
- 4: Jugessur, A., et al. PLoS ONE(7), E11493 (2010) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-651
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.