- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Ni-NTA purified truncated recombinant INHA expressed in E. Coli strain BL21 (DE3).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot:1:500 - 1:1,000
IHC(P):1:1,000 - 1:2,000
ELISA:Propose dilution 1:10,000
Determining optimal working dilutions by titration test.
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by protein A affinity chromatography.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- BUFFER: Ascitic fluid containing 0.03% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: INHA(Inhibin alpha) monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: INHA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Inhibin alpha chain
- Protein Accession Number: P05111
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124274
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3623
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- INHA(A-inhibin subunit precursor, inhibin alpha subunit ),also called inhibin(alpha) ,which is located on chromosome 2q33-q36. Inhibin is a gonadal protein that preferentially suppresses the secretion of pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). Inhibin comprises of two subunits,Inhibin A and B. Inhibin has been shown to regulate gonadal stromal cell proliferation negatively and to have tumor suppressor activity. In addition, serum levels of inhibin have been shown to reflect the size of granulosa cell tumors and can therefore be used as a marker for primary as well as recurrent disease. In addition to their role in endocrine feedback in the reproductive sytem, inhibins subserve local regulatory roles in numerous extragonadal tissues, including brain, adrenal,bone marrow, placenta, and most notably anterior pituitary. Inhibin alpha subunit gene expression is down regulated in human prostate cancer, suggesting a tumor suppressive role.
- 1: Mayo, K.E., Cerelli, G.M., Spiess, J., et al. 1986. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83: 5849-5853.
- 2: GM LM, WF Crowley, Jr, AL Schneyer.1995.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Oct . 80:3043-3049.
- 3: Knight, P.G. 1996.Front. Neuroendocrinol. 17: 476-509.
- 4: PA Fahy, CA Wilson, AJ Beard, et al. 1995.J Endocrinol Nov.147:271-283.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 32-181
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin