- SPECIES: Influenza A
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: His 36 - Lys 449
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 46.1 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its ability to cleave a fluorogenic substrate, 2'-(4-Methylumbelliferyl)-α-D-N-acetylneuraminic acid. One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to cleave 1 nmole of 2'-(4-Methylumbelliferyl)-α-D-N-acetylneuraminic acid per minute at pH 7. 5 at 37°C.
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: NA, Neuraminidase
- Protein Accession Number: H8PF47
- Neuraminidase (NA) and hemagglutinin (HA) are major membrane glycoproteins found on the surface of influenza virus. Hemagglutinin binds to the sialic acid-containing receptors on the surface of host cells during initial infection and at the end of an infectious cycle. Neuraminidase, on the other hand, cleaves the HA-sialic acid bondage from the newly formed virions and the host cell receptors during budding. Neuraminidase thus is described as a receptor-destroying enzyme which facilitates virus release and efficient spread of the progeny virus from cell to cell.
- 1: Manz B., et al., 2012, Submitted to the EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ databases.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-372
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805