- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ile 23 - Ser 328
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 61.3 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Tris with Glycine, Arginine and NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL12B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL12B, CLMF, CLMF2, NKSF, NKSF2, p40
- Protein Accession Number: AAH67499
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3593
- Interleukin-12 (IL12) is also known as natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF) , is a heterodimeric cytokine encoded by two separate genes, IL-12A (p35) and IL-12B (p40). IL12 is naturally produced by dendritic cells, macrophages and human B-lymphoblastoid cells (NC-37) in response to antigenic stimulation. IL-12 is involved in the differentiation of naive T cells into Th0 cells and plays an important role in the activities of natural killer cells and T lymphocytes.IL-12 also has anti-angiogenic activity, which means it can block the formation of new blood vessels.Interleukin-12 subunit beta (IL12B) also known as NKSF2, CLMF2 and P40. Interleukin-12 subunit beta has been shown to interact with IL23. A large excess of monomeric IL12B is also secreted by the cells producing IL12, and exhibits no demonstrable biological activity. Overexpression of IL12B gene has been shown to be associated with the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis. In addition, studies have revealed that the promoter polymorphism of this gene is implicated in the severity of atopic and non-atopic asthma in children.
- 1: Kaliski P, et al., 1997, J. Immunol. 159 : 28–35.
- 2: Chehimi J, et al., 1993, Eur J Immunol., 23(8):1826-30.
- 3: Thierfelder WE, et al., Nature., 382(6587):171-4.
- 4: Oppmann B., et al., 2000, Immunity (UNITED STATES) 13 (5): 715–25.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-554
- Size: 0.02 mg
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin