- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IL-9 antibody (7495) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human IL-9.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of IL-9.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-4 μg/mL; IHC: 5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: IL-9 antibody is human specific. IL-9 antibody is predicted to no cross-react with IL-7.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 16kD
Observed: 22 kD (Post-modification: 4 N-linked glycosylations)
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 2): Anti-IL-9 antibodies (7495) detected human IL-9 recombinant protein at different concentrations.
- ISOFORMS: Human IL-9 has one isoform (144aa, 16kD). Mouse IL-9 has one isoform (144aa, 16kD) and Rat IL-9 also has one isoform (144aa, 16kD). 7495 can detect human isoform, but cannot detect mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: IL-9 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-9 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-9 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL9
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-9 Antibody : P40, HP40, IL-9, Interleukin-9, Cytokine P40
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000581
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10834980
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3578
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Interleukin 9 (IL-9) is a cytokine secreted by TH2 lymphocytes that acts as a regulator of a variety of hematopoietic cells, stimulates cell proliferation and prevents apoptosis (1,2). It functions through the interleukin 9 receptor (IL9R), which activates different signal transducer and activator (STAT) proteins (3). The IL-9 gene has been identified as a candidate gene for asthma (4). Genetic studies on a mouse model of asthma demonstrated that this cytokine is a determining factor in the pathogenesis of bronchial hyperresponsiveness (5).
- 1: Renauld et al. Cytokine 1990; 2:9-12.
- 2: Tete et al. J. Biol. Homeost. Agents 2012; 26:319-26.
- 3: Knoops and Renauld. Growth Factors 2004; 22:207-15.
- 4: Nicolaides et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1997; 94:13175-80.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7495
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin