- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Human IL-8 (aa 28-99) is fused at the C-terminus to a His-tag.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >97% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstituted in sterile H2O not less than 100 μg/ml, which can then be further diluted in other aqueous solutions.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CXCL8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-8, CXCL8, C-X-C Motif Chemokine 8, Emoctakin, GCP-1, LAI, MDNCF, MONAP, NAP-1, NCF, TCF
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000575
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10834978
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3576
- Interleukin-8 (IL-8) was originally discovered as a neutrophil chemotactic and activating factor and is a member of the alpha (CXC) subfamily of chemokines (including also platelet factor 4, GRO, IP-10, etc.). Many cell types, including monocyte/macrophages, T cells, neutrophils, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, keratinocytes, hepatocytes, chondrocytes and various tumor cell lines, produce IL-8 in response to a wide variety of proinflammatory stimuli such as exposure to IL-1, TNF, LPS and viruses. IL-8 has a wide range of other proinflammatory effects. It is a potent chemoattractant for neutrophils and causes degranulation of neutrophil specific granules and azurophilic granules. IL-8 induces expression of the cell adhesion molecules CD11/CD18 and enhances the adherence of neutrophils to endothelial cells and subendothelial matrix proteins. Besides neutrophils, IL-8 is also chemotactic for basophils, T cells and eosinophils. IL-8 has been reported to be a co-mitogen for keratinocytes and was also shown to be an autocrine growth factor for melanoma cells. IL-8 was also reported to be angiogenic both in vivo and in vitro.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-493
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $565.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.