- SPECIES: Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: LAPRRCPAQE VARGVLTSLP GDSVTLTCPG VEPEDNATVH WVLRKPAAGS HPSRWAGMGR RLLLRSVQLH DSGNYSCYRA GRPAGTVHLL VDVPPEEPQL SCFRKSPLSN VVCEWGPRST PSLTTKAVLL VRKFQNSPAE DFQEPCQYSQ ESQKFSCQLA VPEGDSSFYI VSMCVASSVG SKFSKTQTFQ GCGILQPDPP ANITVTAVAR NPRWLSVTWQ DPHSWNSSFY RLRFELRYRA ERSKTFTTWM VKDLQHHCVI HDAWSGLRHV VQLRAQEEFG QGEWSEWSPE AMGTPWTESR SPPAENEVST PMQALTTNKD DDNILFRDSA NATSLPVQD
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by its ability to intensify the IL-6 induced growth inhibition of murine M1 cells is ≤ 5.0 ng/ml, in the presence of 20 ng/ml of rhIL-6.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL6R
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: soluble IL-6 receptor alpha, B cell stimulatory factor-2, CD126
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3570
- IL-6 mediates its biological effects through the type I IL-6 receptor system that consists of two chains, IL-6Rα and gp130. While the IL-6Rα chain is the binding component specific to IL-6, the gp130 chain only transmits signals of IL-6 when bound to IL-6Rα. The gp130 can also transmit signals from LIF, OSM, CNTF, IL-11 and CT-1 in conjunction with other receptor subunits. The low-affinity binding site for IL-6 is composed of IL-6Rα alone. IL-6Rα is expressed in a wide range of cells, including T cells, fibroblasts and macrophages. Soluble IL-6Rα, which consists of only the extracellular domain of the IL-6Rα chain, acts as an agonist of IL-6 activity at low concentrations. Recombinant Human sIL-6Rα is a 37.6 kDa protein consisting of the extracellular domain of the IL-6Rα chain (339 amino acid residues).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-671
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805