- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of goats pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIL-6. Human IL-6 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography employing immobilized hIL-6 matrix.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, Neutralization Assay, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Neutralization:
To yield one-half maximal inhibition [ND50] of the biological activity of hIL-6 (5 ng/mL), a concentration of 0.05 - 0.08 μg/mL of this antibody is required.
To detect hIL-6 by indirect ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-6.
To detect hIL-6 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.5 - 2.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with our biotinylated Anti-Human IL-6 as a detection antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-6.
To detect hIL-6 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-6 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-6 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: HGF, HSF, BSF2, IL-6, IFNB2, Interleukin-6, B-cell stimulatory factor 2
- Protein Accession Number: P05231
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124347
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3569
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a multifunctional 24 kDa protein originally discovered in the medium of RNA stimulated fibroblastoid cells. It is upregulated by IL1, TNF, PDGF, IFN beta, TNF alpha, NGF, IL17 and downregulated by glucocorticoids IL4, TGF beta. IL-6 appears to be directly involved in the responses that occur after infection and cellular injury, and it may prove to be as important as IL1 and TNF alpha in regulating the acute phase response. IL-6 has also been implicated in regulating adipose mass.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-201
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin