- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: The monoclonal antibody was produced in BALB/c x C57BL/6 F1 mice using recombinant hIL-6 as the immunizing antigen.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
In a sandwich ELISA (assuming 100 μL/well), a concentration of 4.0-8.0 μg/mL of this antibody will detect at least 500 pg/mL of recombinant human IL-6 when used with our biotinylated antigen affinity purified anti-human IL-6 (XP-5193Bt) as the detection antibody at a concentration of approximately 0.5-1.0 μg/mL.
To detect hIL-6 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.20-0.40 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-6 is 0.25-0.50 ng/lane, under reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-6 lyophilized antibody is stable at room temperature for at least one month and for greater than a year when kept at -20°C. Reconstitute in sterile water to a concentration of 0.1 - 1.0 mg/mL. The antibody is stable for at least six weeks at 2-4°C when reconstituted.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin 6, IFNB2, Interleukin-6, B-cell stimulatory factor 2, IL-6, HGF, HSF, BSF2
- Protein Accession Number: P05231
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124347
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3569
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- IL-6 is reported to be produced by fibroblasts, activated T cells, activated monocytes or macrophages and endothelial cells. It acts upon a variety of cells including fibroblasts, myeloid progenitor cells, T cells, B cells and hepatocytes. In addition, IL-6 appears to interact with IL2 in the proliferation of T lymphocytes. IL-6 potentiates the proliferative effect of IL-3 on multipotential hematopoietic progenitors. IL-6 is a multifunctional 24 kDa protein originally discovered in the medium of RNA stimulated fibroblastoid cells. It is upregulated by IL1, TNF, PDGF, IFN beta, TNF alpha, NGF, IL17 and downregulated by glucocorticoids IL4, TGF beta. IL-6 appears to be directly involved in the responses that occur after infection and cellular injury, and it may prove to be as important as IL1 and TNF alpha in regulating the acute phase response. IL6 has also been implicated in regulating adipose mass.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5704-M
- Size: 0.5 mg
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin