- SPECIES: Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MEIPMSTVVK ETLIQLSTHR ALLTSNETMR LPVPTHKNHQ LCIGEIFQGL DILKNQTVRG GTVEILFQNL SLIKKYIDGQ KEKCGEERRK TRHFLDYLQE FLGVMSTEWA MEV
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by the dose - dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human TF - 1 cells is < 0.5 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of > 2 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized IL-5 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted IL-5 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing IL-5 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Il5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Il-5, Interleukin-5, B-cell growth factor II, IL-5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_068606.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 54019426
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 24497
- IL-5 is a hematopoietic growth factor that stimulates the proliferation and activation of eosinophils. Produced by mast cells, T cells, and eosinophils, IL-5 plays an important role in inducing cell-mediated immunity against parasitic infections and certain tumors. Elevated levels of IL-5 lead to Eosinophilia, which may result in the induction of asthma and other allergic diseases. Recombinant rat IL-5 is a 26.0 kDa disulfide-linked homodimeric protein containing two 113 amino acid chains.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-465
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.