- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MHKCDITLQE IIKTLNSLTE QKTLCTELTV TDIFAASKNT TEKETFCRAA TVLRQFYSHH EKDTRCLGAT AQQFHRHKQL IRFLKRLDRN LWGLAGLNSC PVKEANQSTL ENFLERLKTI MREKYSKCSS
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by the dose - dependent stimulation of human TF - 1 cells is ≤ 0.2 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 106 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized IL-4 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted IL-4 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing IL-4 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BSF1, IL-4, BCGF1, BSF-1, BCGF-1, Interleukin-4, B-cell stimulatory factor 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000580.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504669
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3565
- IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that regulates diverse T and B cell responses including cell proliferation, survival and gene expression. Produced by mast cells, T cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ T cells into helper Th2 cells, characterized by their cytokine-secretion profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, and IL-13, which favor a humoral immune response. Another dominant function of IL-4 is the regulation of immunoglobulin class switching to the IgG1 and IgE isotypes. Excessive IL-4 production by Th2 cells has been associated with elevated IgE production and allergy. Recombinant human IL-4 is a 14.9 kDa globular protein containing 129 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-246
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin