- SPECIES: Cynomolgus, Rhesus macaque
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 26 - Arg 232
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 50.4 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Tris with Glycine, Arginine and NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL-4 R alpha
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL4R,CD124,IL4RA
- Protein Accession Number: G7Q0S7
- IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated Th2 cells and mast cells, and plays a pivotal role in immune responses. The effects of IL-4 are mediated after binding to high affinity receptor complexes present on hematopoietic as well as non-hematopoietic cells. Hematopoietic cellular responses to IL-4 are mediated by a high affinity receptor complex comprised of the 140 kDa IL4Ralpha (CD124)subunit and the 70 kDa common cytokine γc chain (CD132).Interleukin 4 Receptor (IL4R) also known as CD124, IL4Ralpha and BSF receptor, is a type I cytokine receptor produced by activated Th2 cells and mast cells, and plays an important role in Th2-biased immune responses, alternative macrophage activation, mucosal immunity, allergic inflammation, tumor progression, and atherogenesis. A soluble form of the encoded IL4R protein can be produced by an alternate splice variant or by proteolysis of the membrane-bound protein, and this soluble form can inhibit IL4-mediated cell proliferation and IL5 upregulation by T-cells. IL4R can alternatively associate with IL13Ra1 to form the type II receptor which is responsive to both IL4 and IL13. Interleukin-4 receptor has been shown to interact with SHC1.
- 1: Ikizawa, K., et al., 2000, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. (UNITED STATES) 268 : 54–9.
- 2: Kashiwada, M., et al., 2001, J. Immunol. (United States) 167 (11): 6382–7.
- 3: Hage T., et al., 1999, Cell 97 (2): 271–81.
- 4: Gessner,A. et al., 2000, Immunobiology. 201 (3-4): 285-307.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-797
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.