- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human IL-4 (aa 1-153) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of a mutant human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Shows the biological function of the IL-4 moiety and exerts a prolonged circulating half-life caused by the modified Fc domain.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute in 100 μl sterile water. Add 1X PBS to the desired protein concentration.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-4, B Cell Stimulatory Factor 1, BSF-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000580
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4504669
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3565
- Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is a cytokine produced by type 2 helper T cells, the Th2 cells. These cells tends to make a specific set of lymphokines including IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, IL-13, IL-3 and GM-CSF and fail to produce IL-2, IFN-gamma, and lymphotoxin (TNF-beta). In addition, mast cells can produce IL-4. IL-4 exerts numerous effects on various hematopoietic cell types. On B cells, IL-4 promotes immunoglobulin class switching to IgE and IgG1 isotypes and upregulates MHC class II and CD23 expression. IL-4 promotes survival, growth, and differentiation of both T and B lymphocytes, mast cells and endothelial cells. In addition, IL-4 inhibits the production of TNF, IL-1, and IL-6 by macrophages.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-474
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $320.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin