- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: IL-36G antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human IL-36G.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of IL-36G.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IL-36G antibody can be used for detection of IL-36G by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: IL-36G antibody is human specific. IL-36G antibody will not cross-react with IL-36A or IL-36B.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 19 kDa
Observed: 22 kDa
- PURIFICATION: IL-36G antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-36G antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-36G antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL36G
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-36G Antibody: IL1E, IL1F9, IL1H1, IL-1F9, IL-1H1, IL1RP2, IL-1RP2, IL1E, UNQ2456/PRO5737, Interleukin-36 gamma, IL-1-related protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_062564
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9665234
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 56300
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-36G is is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family whose gene and eight other interleukin 1 family genes form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 2 (1). IL-36G is thought to activate the NF-kappaB pathway through IL-1 receptor family members IL-1RL2 and IL-1RAcP (2). Like the related proteins IL-36A and IL-36B, IL-36G requires post-translational processing for full agonist activity, but the cleavage mechanism is currently unknown (3). IL-36G expression is stimulated by interferon-gamma, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin 1 (4). The IL-36 cytokines have been suggested to amplify Th1 responses by enhancing proliferation and Th1 polarization of naive CD4+ T cells (5).
- 1: Smith DE, Renshaw BR, Ketchem RR, et al. Four new members expand the interleukin-1 superfamily. J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275:1169-75.
- 2: Towne JE, Garka KE, Renshaw BR, et al. Interleukin (IL)-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP to activate the pathway leading to NF-kappaB and MAPKs. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:13677-88.
- 3: Towne JE, Renshaw BR, Douangpanya J, et al. Interleukin-36 (IL-36) ligands require processing for full agonist agonist (IL-36a, IL-36b, and IL-36g) or antagonist (IL-36Ra) activity. J. Biol. Chem. 2011; 286:42594-602.
- 4: Chustz RT, Nagarkar DR, Popowski JA, et al. Regulation and function of the IL-1 family cytokine IL-1F9 in human bronchial epithelial cells. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 2011; 45:145-53.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7509
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin