- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (76.5%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IL-33 antibody (4273) was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human IL-33.
The immunogen is located within the 150-200 amino acids of IL-33.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL; IHC-P: 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-521 - Human Lymphoid Tissue Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 31kD
Recombinant Protein Validation (Figure 2) shows expression of human partial recombinant protein IL-33 detected by anti-IL-33 antibody, 4273. Bands of 18kD (monomer) and 36kD (dimer) were observed.
Regulated Expression Validation (Figure 7&8) shows the up-regulation (Figure 7) of IL-33 detected by anti-IL-33 antibody in human skin fibroblasts after α-irradiation and this effect was inhibited by PPP (Figure 8).
- ISOFORMS: Human IL-33 has 4 isoforms, including isoform 1 (270aa, 30.8kD), isoform 2 (228aa, 25.9kD), isoform 3 (228aa, 26.1kD) and isoform 4 (144aa, 16.3kD). This antibody detects only human isoform L. Mouse IL-33 has 1 isoform (266aa, 30kD). Rat IL-33 has only one isoform identified so far (264aa, 29.5kD).
- PURIFICATION: IL-33 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-33 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-33 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL33
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-33 Antibody: DVS27, IL1F11, NF-HEV, NFEHEV, C9orf26, NFHEV, Interleukin-33, Interleukin-1 family member 11, IL-33
- Protein Accession Number: NP_254274
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 15559209
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 90865
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-33 Antibody: Interleukin-33 (IL-33) is a recently identified member of the IL-1 family of cytokines whose other members include IL-1α/beta, IL-1Ra and IL-18. Its receptor has been shown to be ST2, an IL-1 receptor family member that also acts as a negative regulator of TLR-IL-1R signaling and IL-1R accessory protein (IL-1RAcP). Receptor binding of IL-33 activates NF-κB and MAP kinases and induces the expression of TH2-associated cytokines such as IL-4, IL-5 and IL-6. Prolonged IL-33 treatment of mice led to the development of eosinophilia, splenomegaly, and severe pathological changes in mucosal organs such as lungs, esophagus and small intestine. Recent experiments have shown that IL-33 can also co-localize with heterochromatin and possesses transcriptional repressor activities, indicating that IL-33 may function as both a proinflammatory cytokine and an intracellular nuclear factor with transcriptional regulatory properties.
- 1: Schmitz J et al. Immunity 2005; 23:479-90.
- 2: Dinarello Eur. Cytokine Netw. 2000; 11:483-6.
- 3: Brint et al. Nat. Immunol. 2004; 5:373-9.
- 4: Chackerian et al. J. Immunol. 2007; 179:2551-5.
- 1: Ivanov et al. Radiation-induced bystander signaling pathways in human fibroblasts: a role for interleukin-33 in the signal transmission.Cell Signal. 2010 Jul;22(7):1076-87. PMID: 20206688
- 2: Tsuda et al. Novel splice variants of IL-33: differential expression in normal and transformed cells. J Invest Dermatol. 2012 Nov;132(11):2661-4. PMID: 22785132
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4273
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.