- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ser24-Thr164
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15.8 kD
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: ED50 is 5 ng/mL as determined by inducing STAT3 activation in U87 MG human glioblastoma/astrocytoma cells.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 150mM NaCl, pH 7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL31
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-31, IL-31, IL31
- Protein Accession Number: Q6EBC2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 386653
- Human Interleukin 31 (IL-31) is a cytokine containing a four-helix bundle structure. It shares several structural and functional characteristics with IL-6, Oncostatin M, LIF, and Cardiotrophin-1. Human IL-31 cDNA encodes a 164 amino acid precursor that contains a 23 amino acid signal peptide and a 141 amino acid mature protein. Human and mouse IL-31 share 24% sequence identity in the mature region. IL-31 is mainly associated with activated T cells and is preferentially expressed by type 2 helper T cells (Th2). IL-31 signals via a heterodimeric receptor complex composed of a gp130 related molecule termed IL-31RA (also GPL and GLMR) and an Oncostatin M receptor (OSM R beta ). The IL-31 receptor is constitutively expressed by keratinocytes and upregulated by IFN gamma on monocytes. GPL/OSMR signaling is a strong activator of STAT3 and STAT5, and can also activate STAT1, Jak1, and Jak2 signaling pathways. IL-31 regulated immune responses have been implicated in skin physiology and inflammatory skin diseases. Studies have shown that IL31 induces severe pruritis (itching) and dermatitis in transgenic mice.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-042
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $610.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.