- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hIL-31. Human IL-31 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
To detect hIL-31 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 - 1.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with our polyclonal Anti-Human IL-31 as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hIL-31.
To detect hIL-31 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hIL-31 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-31 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL31
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-31Interleukin-31IL-31
- Protein Accession Number: Q6EBC2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74709232
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 386653
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Interleukin 31 (IL-31) is a recently discovered T-cell cytokine closely related to IL-6 type cytokines and is preferentially produced by T helper type 2 cells. IL-31 activity is mediated through the ligand-induced oligomerization of a dimeric receptor complex containing IL-31 receptor A and oncostatin M receptor. In response to IL-31 binding, these proteins activate the JAK/STAT and the AKT signaling pathways. RNA levels of IL-31 receptor A and oncostatin M receptor are induced in activated monocytes but are expressed constitutively in epithelial cells. IL-31, when overexpressed in transgenic mice, results in the development of pruritis, alopecia and skin lesions, and in humans may result in atopic dermatitis, suggesting that IL-31 may represent a novel target for antipruritic drug development.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-174
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin