- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: IL-28B antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human IL-28B.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 120 - 170 of IL-28B .
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IL-28B antibody can be used for detection of IL-28B by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: IL-28B antibody is human specific. IL-28B antibody may cross-react with IL-28A and IL-29.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 20 kDa
- PURIFICATION: IL-28B Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-28B Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-28B antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IFNL3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-28B Antibody : IL28B, IL28C, IL-28B, IL28B, ZCYTO22, Interferon lambda-3, Cytokine Zcyto22, IFN-lambda-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_742151
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 28144901
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 282617
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Interleukin 28 (IL-28B), also known as interferon lambda 3, is cytokine distantly related to type I interferons and the IL-10 family (1). The IL-28B gene and the closely related cytokine genes IL-28A and IL-29 form a cytokine gene cluster on a chromosomal region mapped to 19q13. Expression of the cytokines encoded by the three genes can be induced by viral infection and can induce anti-viral activity (2,3). All three cytokines have been shown to interact with a heterodimeric class II cytokine receptor that consists of interleukin 10 receptor-beta (IL10RB) and interleukin 28 receptor- alpha (IL28RA) (1).
- 1: Sheppard P, Kindsvogel W, Xu W, et al. IL-28, IL-29 and their class II cytokine receptor IL-28R. Nat. Immunol. 2003; 4:63-8.
- 2: Osterlund PI, Pietila TE, Veckman V, et al. IFN regulatory factor family members differentially regulate the expression of type III IFN (IFN-lambda) genes. J. Immunol. 2007; 179:3434-42.
- 3: Meager A, Visvalingam K, Dilger P, et al. Biological activity of interleukins-28 and -29: comparison with type I interferons. Cytokine 2005; 31:109-18.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7479
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin