- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The mouse IL-27 complex composed of the Ebi3 subunit (aa 1-228) and the p28 subunit (aa 29-234) is fused through a polypeptide linker to the Fc region of human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Bioactivity was measured in a cell proliferation assay of Con A activated mouse splenocytes.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute at 100 μg/ml in sterile PBS.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Ebi3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-27
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056581/AAI19403
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7657052
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 50498
- Interleukin-27 (IL-27) is a heterodimeric group 2 receptor ligand molecule that belongs to the IL-6/IL-12 family of long type I cytokines. It is composed of EBI3 (EBV-induced gene 3), a 34 kDa glycoprotein that is related to the p40 subunit of IL-12 and IL-23, and p28, the cloned 28 kDa glycoprotein that is related to the p35 chain of IL-12. IL-27 is expressed by monocytes, endothelial cells and dendritic cells. IL-27 binds to and signals through a heterodimeric receptor complex composed of WSX1 (TCCR) and gp130. Evidence suggests IL-27 interacts only with WSX-1. IL-27 has both anti- and proinflammatory properties. As an antiinflammatory, IL-27 seems to induce a general negative feedback program that limits T and NK-T cell activity. At the onset of infection, IL-27 induces an IL-12 receptor on naie CD4+ T cells, making them susceptible to subsequent IL-12 activity (and possible Th1 development). Notably, IL-12 family cytokines are both induced and inhibited by bacterial products. Microbes promote IL-27 secretion through TLR4, and also block IL-27 production via C5a induction.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-530
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805