- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (92%), Rat: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IL-27 antibody (3799) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the center of human IL-27.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of IL-27.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 2-4 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-207 - EL4 Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 28 kDa
Observed: 28 kDa
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar IL-27 expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-IL-27 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3797 against N-terminus domain and 3799 against central domain. IL-27 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3) shows that anti-IL-27 antibody (3799) detects human recombinant IL-17 (IL-17A + IL-17B) protein that contains the amino acids of 3799 antigenic peptide.
- ISOFORMS: Human IL-27 has one isoform (243aa, 28kD). Mouse IL-27 has one isoform (234aa, 27kD) and rat IL-27 also has one isoform (234aa, 27kD). 3797 can detect human, mouse and rat IL-27.
- PURIFICATION: IL-27 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-27 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-27 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL27
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-27 Antibody: p28, IL30, IL-27, IL27A, IL-27A, IL27p28, Interleukin-27 subunit alpha, p28, IL-27 subunit alpha
- Protein Accession Number: NP_663634
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 28416913
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 246778
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-27 Antibody: Like interleukin-23 (IL-23), IL-27 is a recently discovered member of the IL-6/IL-12 family of proinflammatory and immunoregulatory cytokines. It exists as a heterodimer composed of the p40-related protein EBI3 and an IL-12 p35-related protein termed p28. IL-27 is produced after activation by antigen-presenting cells and induces proliferation of naïve but not memory CD4+ T-cells. It acts by binding to its receptor WSX-1 and gp130 which results in the activation of a Jak/STAT signaling cascade, suggesting the IL-27 is involved in the regulation of immune processes. It has been suggested that IL-27 can also be used as a therapeutic agent against cancer as it can also induce tumor-specific anti-tumor activity mediated through CD8+ T-cells, IFN-gamma, and T-bet.
- 1: Pfanz et al. Immunity 2002; 16:779-90.
- 2: Pfanz et al. J. Immunol. 2004; 172:2225-31.
- 3: Hisada et al. Cancer Res. 2004; 64:1152-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3799
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.