- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Guinea pig: (93%), Horse: (93%), Mouse: (71%), Rat: (71%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IL-23 antibody (3793) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of mature human IL-23.
The immunogen is located the last 50 amino acids of IL-23.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-4 μg/mL; ICC: 10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL, IHC: 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot, Immunocytochemistry, Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-101 - Human Pancreas Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-007 - Raji Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 21kD
Observed: 22 kD
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3): Anit-IL-23 antibodies (3793) detected human IL-23 recombinant protein.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 8): IL-23 expression detected by anit-IL-23 antibodies (3793) was abundant in human abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) tissues whereas there is no IL-23 expression in normal tissue.
- ISOFORMS: Human IL-23 has one isoform (189aa, 20.7kD). Mouse IL-23 has one isoform (196aa, 22.1kD) and Rat IL-23 also has one isoform (196aa, 22kD). 3793 can detect human IL-23.
- PURIFICATION: IL-23 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-23 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-23 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL23A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-23 Antibody: P19, SGRF, IL-23, IL-23A, IL23P19, UNQ2498/PRO5798, Interleukin-23 subunit alpha, Interleukin-23 subunit p19, IL-23 subunit alpha
- Protein Accession Number: AAH66268
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 42542809
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51561
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-23 Antibody: Like interleukin-27 (IL-27), IL-23 is a recently discovered member of the IL-6/IL-12 family of proinflammatory and immunoregulatory cytokines. It exists as a heterodimer composed of the IL-12p40 subunit and a novel p19 subunit. IL-23 is secreted by activated dendritic cells, macrophages, and monocytes. Its biological activities include enhancing the proliferation of memory T cells and the production of IFN-gamma, IL-12, and TNF-α from activated T cells, and can stimulate macrophages to produce TNF-α and nitric oxide. It has also been shown to possess potent anti-tumor and anti-metastatic activity in mouse models of cancer, suggesting a potential role for IL-23 in therapeutic treatment of cancer.
- 1: Hunter. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2005; 5:521-31.
- 2: Oppmann et al. Immunity 2000; 13:715-25.
- 3: Sheibanie et al. FASEB J. 2004; 18:1318-20.
- 4: Pirhonen et al. J. Immunol. 2002; 169:5673-8.
- 1: Yan et al. Interleukin-12 and -23 blockade mitigates elastase-induced abdominal aortic aneurysm. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1):10447.PMID: 31320700
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3793
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.