- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of mouse IL-21 (aa 18-146) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of a mutant mouse IgG2a.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Shows the biological function of the IL-21 moiety and exerts a prolonged circulating half-life caused by the modified Fc domain.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute at 100 μg/ml in sterile PBS.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Il21
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-21
- Protein Accession Number: ABG36530
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 109639332
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 60505
- Interleukin-21 (IL-21) is a key factor in the transition between innate and adaptive immune responses secreted by activated T cells. The IL-21 receptor (IL-21R) is expressed in lymphoid tissue, in particular by NK, B, T and dendritic cells, macrophages and endothelial cells. Recent evidence suggests that IL-21 plays a supportive role in the proliferation of T and B cells and influences the cytolytic activity of natural killer cells. IL-21 has been shown to up-regulate genes associated with innate immunity and to inhibit the differentiation of naive T helper cells. IL-21 specifically inhibits IFN-gamma production from developing TH1 cells and is preferentially expressed by TH2 cells. Furthermore IL-21 has been identified as a growth and survival factor for human myeloma cells. IL-21/IL-21R interactions have a unique role in sequentially activating both innate and adaptive immune responses against poorly immunogenic tumors, leading to tumor rejection that is perforin dependent but IFN-gamma independent.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-509
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805