- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Pig: (87%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-IL-21 antibody (2465) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the center of human IL-21 precursor.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of IL-21.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1 μg/mL; ICC: 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of IL-21 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. IL-21 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the interleukin protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1209 - HL60 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 18kD
Observed: 17 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell Lines (Figure 2) shows similar IL-21 expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-IL-21 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 2465 against central domain and 2463 against C-terminus domain. IL-21 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 4): Anit-IL-21 antibodies (2465) detected human IL-21 recombinant protein.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 6, 7, 8): IL-21 expression detected by anit-IL-21 antibodies (2465) was up down-regulated by WRT treatment (figure 7) or was up-regulated in Hp positive patients (figure 8) and in patients with Crohn’s disease (figure 6).
- ISOFORMS: Human IL-21 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (162aa, 18.7kD) and isoform 2 (153aa, 17.6kD). Mouse IL-21 has one isoform (146aa, 16.8kD) and Rat IL-21 also has one isoform (146aa, 17.1kD). 2465 can detect both human isoforms and also detect mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: IL-21 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-21 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-21 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL21
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-21 Antibody: Za11, IL-21, Interleukin-21, Za11
- Protein Accession Number: NP_068575
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11141875
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 59067
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-21 Antibody: A novel cytokine was recently identified in human and mouse and designated IL-21, which has significant homology to IL-2, IL-4, and IL-15. The receptor for IL-21 (IL-21R, also termed NILR for novel Interleukin receptor) is a new member of the class I cytokine receptor family. IL-21R forms a complex with the common cytokine receptor gamma chain, gammac, and mediates IL-21 signaling. IL-21 and its receptor activate JAK-STAT signaling pathway. IL-21 is expressed in activated T cells, and HL-60 and THP-1 cell lines. IL-21 plays a role in the proliferation and maturation of NK, B and T cell populations.
- 1: Parrish-Novak et al. Nature 2000; 408:57-63.
- 2: Ozaki et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2000; 97:11439-44.
- 3: Asao et al. J. Immunol. 2001; 167:1-5.
- 1: Monteleone et al. Interleukin-21 enhances T-helper cell type I signaling and interferon-γ production in Crohn's disease. Gastroenterology. 2005;128(3):687-94. PMID: 15765404
- 2: Sarra et al. IL-15 positively regulates IL-21 production in celiac disease mucosa. Mucosal Immunol. 2013;6(2):244-55. PMID: 22785229
- 3: Caruso et al. IL-21 is highly produced in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric mucosa and promotes gelatinases synthesis. J Immunol. 2007;178(9):5957-65. PMID: 17442980
- 4: Daniele Fina. Interleukin-21 controls inflammatory pathways in IBD. University of Rome, Italy. PhD thesis. 2009.PMID:
- 5: Roberta Caruso. Expression and functional role of Th-17 cells in helicobacter pylori-related gastritis. University of Rome, Italy. PhD thesis. 2008.PMID:
- 6: Giovanni Monteleone. Antigenicepitopes of Interleukin-21, related antibodies and their use in medical field. U.S patent application publication. 2009.PMID:
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2465
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.