- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human IL-2 (aa 21-153) (mutant H9 containing the mutations L80F / R81D / L85V / I86V / I92F) is untagged.
- APPLICATION NOTE: Triggers far greater antitumor responses than native IL-2 in vivo but with lower toxicity.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 12kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Triggers T cell proliferation at concentration <1ng/ml in the presence of 250ng/mL each of anti-CD3 and anti-CD28 antibodies.
- PURITY: ≥95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than <0.01EU/μg protein (LAL test).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized. Contains 50mM Tris pH8.0, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% CHAPS.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: After reconstitution, prepare aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. PBS containing at least 0.1% BSA should be used for further dilutions
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-2 Superkine (human) (untagged) (rec.); Interleukin-2; T Cell Growth Factor; TCGF; Aldesleukin; Super-2
- Protein Accession Number: P60568
- Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a 133 amino acid glycoprotein with one intramolecular disulfide bond and variable glycosylation. It is secreted by activated T cells and induces proliferation and maturation of activated T cells, natural killer cells and lymphokine activated killer cells. IL-2 also stimulates proliferation of antibody-producing B cells, activates neutrophils and induces mononuclear cells to secrete IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha and -beta. Moreover, studies have shown that IL-2 is required for activation-induced apoptosis, an important homeostatic mechanism in the immune system, which is involved in the maintenance of peripheral tolerance to self-antigens. IL-2 promotes T cell proliferation and particularly naïve T cells. IL-2 signaling on activated T cells is effected through a quaternary high-affinity receptor complex consisting of IL-2, IL-2Ralpha (CD25), IL-2Rbeta and IL-2Rgamma. Naïve T cells are relatively insensitive to IL-2 as they only express small amounts of IL-2Rbeta and IL-2Rgamma. They only acquire sensitivity after CD25 expression, which captures the cytokine and presents it to the IL-2Rbeta and IL-2Rgamma receptors. IL-2 Superkine is an artificial variant of IL-2 containing mutations at positions L80F / R81D / L85V / I86V / I92F. These mutations are located in the molecule's core that acts to stabilize the structure and to give it a receptor-binding conformation mimicking native IL-2 bound to CD25. These mutations effectively eliminate the functional requirement of IL-2 for CD25 expression and elicit proliferation of T cells. Compared to IL-2, the IL-2 Superkine induces superior expansion of cytotoxic T cells, leading to improved antitumour responses in vivo, and elicits proportionally less toxicity by lowering the expansion of T regulatory cells and reducing pulmonary oedema.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-556
Product Discontinued. Please contact us for alternate product(s).
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin