- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 21 - Thr 153
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 17.3 kDa. The protein migrates as 18 kDa and 19 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17.3 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL2,TCGF,lymphokine,Interleukin 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000577.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3558
- Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is an interleukin, a type of cytokine immune system signaling molecule, which is a leukocytotrophic hormone that is instrumental in the body's natural response to microbial infection and in discriminating between foreign (non-self) and self. IL-2 mediates its effects by binding to IL-2 receptors, which are expressed by lymphocytes, the cells that are responsible for immunity. Mature human IL-2 shares 56% and 66% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat IL-2, respectively. Human and mouse IL-2 exhibit crossspecies activity. The receptor for IL-2 consists of three subunits that are present on the cell surface in varying preformed complexes. IL-2 is also necessary during T cell development in the thymus for the maturation of a unique subset of T cells that are termed regulatory T cells (T-regs). After exiting from the thymus, T-Regs function to prevent other T cells from recognizing and reacting against "self antigens", which could result in "autoimmunity". T-Regs do so by preventing the responding cells from producing IL-2. Thus, IL-2 is required to discriminate between self and non-self, another one of the unique characteristics of the immune system.
- 1: Gaffen, S.L. and K.D. Liu, 2004, Cytokine 28:109.
- 2: Kasakura S, Lowenstein L, 1965, Nature 208 (5012): 794-795.
- 3: Smith KA, Favata MF, Oroszlan S, 1983, J. Immunol. 131 (4): 1808.
- 4: Thornton AM, Shevach EM, 1998, J. Exp. Med. 188 (2): 287-96.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-249
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.