- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: NS1 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human IL-2 (aa 21-153) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of a mutant human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Shows the biological function of the IL-2 moiety and exerts a prolonged circulating half-life caused by the modified Fc domain.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute in 50 μl sterile water. Add 1X PBS to the desired protein concentration.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Interleukin-2, Aldesleukin
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000577
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 28178861
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3558
- Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a 133 amino acid glycoprotein with one intramolecular disulfide bond and variable glycosylation. It is secreted by activated T cells and induces proliferation and maturation of activated T cells, natural killer cells, and lymphokine activated killer cells. IL-2 also stimulates proliferation of antibody-producing B cells, activates neutrophils, and induces mononuclear cells to secrete IFN-gamma and TNF-alpha and -beta. Moreover, studies have shown that IL-2 is required for activation-induced apoptosis, an important hemeostatic mechanism in the immune system, which is involved in the maintenance of peripheral tolerance to self-antigens.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-465
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805