- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant mIL-2 (murine Interleukin-2).
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
To detect mIL-2 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 - 1.0 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with our Polyclonal Anti-Murine IL-2 (XP-5183) as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant mIL-2.
To detect mIL-2 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant mIL-2 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: Anti-mIL-2 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-2 antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Il2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Il-2, Il-2, Interleukin-2, T-cell growth factor, IL-2
- Protein Accession Number: P04351
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124326
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 16183
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Interleukin 2 (IL2) is a secreted cytokine that is important for the proliferation of T and B lymphocytes. The receptor of this cytokine is a heterotrimeric protein complex whose gamma chain is also shared by interleukin 4 (IL4) and interleukin 7 (IL7). The expression of this gene in mature thymocytes is monoallelic, which represents an unusual regulatory mode for controlling the precise expression of a single gene. The targeted disruption of a similar gene in mice leads to ulcerative colitis like disease, which suggests an essential role of this gene in the immune response to antigenic stimuli. IL2 has been shown to have antitumor effects in some studies. This is probably mediated by cytotoxic effector cells.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5183Bt
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.