- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: IL-1RL2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human IL-1RL2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 260 - 310 of IL-1RL2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: IL-1RL2 antibody can be used for detection of IL-1RL2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: IL-1RL2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of IL-1RL2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms. IL-1RL2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with IL-1R or IL-1RL1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 61 kDa
Observed: 55 kDa
- PURIFICATION: IL-1RL2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: IL-1RL2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: IL-1RL2 antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL1RL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-1RL2 Antibody: IL-36R, IL1RRP2, IL-1Rrp2, IL1R-rp2, Interleukin-1 receptor-like 2, IL-36 receptor, IL-36R
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003845
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 28416902
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8808
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- IL-1RL2 is a member of the interleukin 1 receptor family, but it is incapable of binding to interleukin 1 alpha and interleukin 1 beta with high affinity (1). Together with IL-1RAcP, it can bind members of the IL-36 cytokine family, leading to activation of the NF-kappaB pathway (2). IL-1RL2 can also bind to IL-1F10, resulting in a decreased product of Th17 cytokines in response to immunological or LPS challenge, suggesting that one potential role of IL-1RL2 may be to modulate the immune and inflammation response (3).
- 1: Lovenberg TW, Crowe PD, Liu C, et al. Cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel interleukin-1 receptor related protein (IL1 1R-rp2). J. Neuroimmunol. 1996; 70:113-22.
- 2: Towne JE, Garka KE, Renshaw BR, et al. Interleukin (IL)-1F6, IL-1F8, and IL-1F9 signal through IL-1Rrp2 and IL-1RAcP to activate the pathway leading to NF-kappaB and MAPKs. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:13677-88.
- 3: van de Veerdonk FL, Stoeckman AK, Wu G, et al. IL-38 beinds to the IL-36 receptor and has biological effects on immune cells similar to IL-36 receptor antagonist. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2012; 109:3001-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7501
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.