- SPECIES: Frog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MRPSGRKSSK MQAFRIWDVN QKTFYLRNNQ LVAGYLQGPN VNLEEKIDVV PIEPHALFLG IHGGKMCLSC VKSGDETRLQ LEAVNITDLS ENRKQDKRFA FIRSDSGPTT SFESAACPGW FLCTAMEADQ PVSLTNMPDE GVMVTKFYFQ EDE
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to inhibit the IL-1α stimulation of murine D10S cell. The expected ED50 is 20-40 ng/ml in the presence of 50 pg/ml of IL-1alpha.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IL1RN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: IL-1Ra, ICIL-1RA, IRAP, IL-1RN
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3557
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) is a naturally-occurring, inflammatory-inhibitor protein. It inhibits the activity of IL-1α and IL-1β by competitively blocking their binding to type I and type II receptors. IL-1RA is produced by corneal epithelial cells, monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, and fibroblasts. Therapeutically, IL-1RA may help in the treatment of sepsis, cachexia, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic myelogenous leukemia, asthma, psoriasis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Recombinant Human IL-1RA is a 17.2 kDa protein consisting of 153 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-726
- Size: 20 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805